Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hell Freezeth Over

And I'm not referring to the 1 foot of April snow currently falling in the Northeast either!

Former House Speaker and possible presidential candidate Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and 2004 Democratic nominee Sen. John Kerry (Mass.) are set to square off on climate change next week, their staffs announced Thursday.

I'm undecided on global warming. As a fisherman, an environmentalist, and a Florida resident, the issue of rising sea levels and rising sea temperatures greatly affects my family's future. However, I'm also not prepared to abandon America's ability to compete fairly in the global trade wars by blaming everything on our big business. We need them too.

I often don't know what to think. So I think debates such as these are great ideas. If such open debate is actually allowed to flourish with the participation of leading politicians (if not thinkers), I do think a consensus will emerge over time. And we desperately need that in this and other areas. Kudos to Gingrich and Kerry. I'll be watching. Now if only Cheney would agree to a debate with Murtha!

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?