Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Government Spending Antidote

Since I’m strapped for both time and the desire to post more substantively, I’ll simply reprint this little gem from former Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) on “pork-barrel” spending.

“If the Senate voted this afternoon on building a cheese factory on the Moon, I would no doubt vote against it. But if the Senate decided, in its collective lack of wisdom, to build a cheese factory on the Moon, I would want engineers from Texas to design that cheese factory. I would want a construction company from Texas, since we have the best construction companies in the world, to build that cheese factory. If we were going to use milk from earthly cows, I would want milk from Texas cows to be used to make the cheese in the factory on the Moon, and I would want the celestial headquarters for it in Texas. But am I for a cheese factory on the Moon? No.”

I welcome you all to comment away at this one.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?