Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Now I think I need some port

From our fearless leader:
One of my concerns, however, is mixed messages. And the message is, it's okay for a British company, but a Middle Eastern company -- maybe we ought not to deal the same way. It's a mixed message. You put interesting words in your question, but I just view -- my job is to do what I think is right for the country. I don't intend to have a fight. If there's a fight, there is one, but nor do I view this as a political issue.
Now, gee Mr. president, why would we deem it necessary to deal differently with Great Britain and the United Arab Emirates? I can't possibly think of any reasons why we should view the countries differently. After all, didn't Great Britain supply two of the September 11 hijackers? Doesn't the UK suppress its laborers and prevent them from striking or unionizing? Doesn't Great Britain have a shady past when it comes to funding Islamic fascists?

No? Oh, well . . . shoot. Nevermind then.

BTW, in case any were still left wondering how to view this port deal: hint - Jimmy Carter supports it.
''The overall threat to the United States and security, I don't think it exists,'' Carter said on CNN's The Situation Room. ``I'm sure the president's done a good job with his subordinates to make sure this is not a threat.''
RUUUUUUN!

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?