Thursday, July 14, 2005

Please Let Them Be Joking

Today’s Style section of the Washington Post contains an article regarding a group of "conservatives" who are pushing for the nomination of none other than, yes you guessed it, ROY MOORE for the position of Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. Now I am fully aware that "conservatives," like "liberals," come in all shapes and sizes, but this strikes me as the textbook definition of fringe. This is so looney I don’t even know where to start. I’ll simply leave it for the comments, but note this one interesting statement from the article:

"A judge who has defied a federal order might seem like a counterintuitive
choice for the Supreme Court. But that kind of detail-oriented thinking
disregards the ideological purity permeating this room. ‘Judge Moore responds to
a higher law," says Don Dwyer, a Maryland state delegate from Anne Arundel
County. "His allegiance to the Creator God is paramount above everything.’"

Please, in the name of all things rationale, tell me this kind of thinking doesn’t represent the majority of conservatives. This man, a state supreme court judge no less, willfully violated a federal court order, then was removed from office and disbarred. This guy is SCOTUS material...ok I’m done, I promise ... for now.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?