Monday, April 04, 2005

Baseball's Back, Baby!

So I am sitting at home on my late and extended lunch break (it helps when your office is across the street from your apartment) watching the first Mets game of the baseball season. Yes, the sun is shining in DC for the first time ever, or so it seems, and I am in my place of residence watching baseball on t.v. But it's opening day, so you understand.

And not only am I watching the Mets, but I've got ESPN gamecast tuned to the Royals-Tigers. There's only one possible reason why any human being would be tuned to this matchup, and it's fantasy baseball. Thanks to this wonderful invention, baseball addicts everywhere can gain interest in just about any baseball game, no matter how pitiful the teams involved. And while I am at it, I'd just like to thank Dmitri Young and Brandon Inge for their homeruns.

Ahhh, the greatest day of the year. I do love this game (even when Pedro is serving it up to Adam Dunn on a silver platter. I hate cutters that don't cut).

Update: Make that THREE homers for Young on the day. Oh baby, bargain of the century.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?