Monday, April 11, 2005

24 rant

Note: Do not read the following if you have not yet seen this week's episode of 24.

Okay, so the nuclear football is missing, and the United States government sends ONE fucking helicopter to go retrieve it?

I mean the thing was gone for an entire hour, and after all that time they can only send one fucking helicopter?

With two agents no less, one of whom is obviously going to die within seconds because he just showed up all of a sudden on this episode and didn't even get to deliver a line.

"We're spread thin," Tony says. Umm, yeah, but I think you can divert some of your resources to go retrieve the suitcase which contains all of all nuclear codes. Something tells me there would probably be some military aircraft nearby that would be able to pretty much wipe out an entire area just to make sure the suitcase would not remain in evil hands.

Oh, and the football's tracking device would be able to be disabled by some clod running his swift army knife over the suitcase a few times? Something tells me the real thing is made of some super strong titanium structure that might be able to withstand a little more pressure. I mean for God's sake the thing survives a 25,000 foot fall unscathed, and this guy can so easily do that much damage?

And please don't get me started on the Dick Cheney character. Is there anyone watching who is not supposed to immediately think of our - as the Hollywood people think of him - conniving, maniupualting, puppet-master of a Vice President. Dear me, use some imagination people. Couldn't they find some Rumsfeld lookalike or someone else less obvious.

Puh-leeze.

Of course I'll be watching next week to see who Jack tortures.

Update: The always clever Dave at Garfield Ridge also has a little riff on this episode.
Let's just say that there are many more realistic things keeping me up at night beyond the physical security of the American nuclear arsenal. Like, say, the odds of me returning from beyond the grave. Or the odds that Keira Knightley is showing up at my house this weekend for a little tonsil hockey.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?