Monday, February 07, 2005

MNR

Like most rabid right-wingers I watch Fox News. It's in my blood, I guess. After a day of repressing women, enslaving minorities, and lying about social security when all I want to do is slowly starve the elderly to death, I need to kick back and enjoy the netowrk that works so hard to brainwash its right-wing kook audience like the automatons we all are. Ignorance is bliss after all.

But when I really want the news, when I really want to turn to an unbiased, unblemished source of information, where am I to go? I suppose there's MSNBC, but then my television really can't handle the sound of Chris Mathews' voice. Call me crazy - and I know you will - but I think I actually say my tube expanding as Mathews called Zell Miller a liar or some such. So no MSNBC. Of course there's always CBS- yeah, really, just too easy. ABC? They've got a Canadian doing American news. Case closed.

No, when in doubt I always turn to CNN for the unvarnished, never biased news. In times of doubt, Mother Mary comes to rescue me, and then she turns on the television to CNN so that I can get all the latest news, and with no hint of political bias. I mean, what's the worst that they can do? It's not like they have a chief news executive accusing American troops of deliberately killing reporters.

Oh, what's that you say? They do? Surely you jest. Eason Jordan would never have gone to Davos and made such a claim. It's not like anyone substantiates this story. Surely the head honcho of a major American mainstream news network would not accuse American soldiers of deliberately killing journalists.

What I really value as an American is the independence of our media, and our academic institutions. How can one not be instilled with hope and confidence knowing that their children will one day be placed in the capable hands of brilliant minds such as Ward Churchill and Juan Cole, a man of impeccable credentials.

But getting back to the Eason Jordan story because I don't want to go too far afield here, at least we can rely on the major news networks and papers to chronicle all the major happening. Let's take a listen:

Chirp chirp. Chirp chirp. Woooooosh. Tumbleweed.

All right, enough about Andy Reid's coaching at the Super Bowl, we're talking about the media's treatment of the Eason Jordan comments. This, after all, is a huge story, and surely the major media would not gloss over the head of a major cable news network's claims that American soldiers were deliberately slaying journalists. Unless of course you thought they were biased. In which case you're just plain crazy. You probably also think George Bush legitimately won the election, or that Hillary Clinton is running for president. Silly rabbi, kicks are for trids.

Sleep well, my friends. At least we don't have a sitting Senator and former presidential candidate who claims he sold arms to the Khmer Rouge.


the earth laughs beneath my heavy feet
at the blasphemy in my old jangly walk
steeple guide me to my heart and home
the sun is out and up and down again
i know i'll make it, love can last forever
graceful swans of never topple to the earth
and you can make it last forever, you
you can make it last, forever you

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?